Hey there and happy 2018! There is something so magical about a brand new year. I felt like all of the creatives, bloggers and digital masterminds were keeping me entertained during the week between Christmas and New Year’s. Instead of doing a digital detox, I was constantly checking Instagram and Twitter to see what everyone was posting about and to see how I could set goals for 2018.
Now that one of the bigger milestones of my life has come to a close (getting married!), I’m taking a cue from my best friend and maid of honor, Kristin, to do some soulful searching this year. While speaking for both of us, I think soulful searching is getting back to the basics in life and figuring out what really makes us happy and where we want to grow. For me that would include:
- Getting on a consistent writing schedule for Sneakers & Sequins. At least one post per week.
- Saving money and investing money properly. (AKA get a camera to expand content for the blog and potentially take up a new hobby. Buy podcast equipment – Alexandria if you are reading this, *wink wink*)
- Working out at barre3 at least four times per week. I’m currently participating in the B3 All In challenge for January and I plan on doing a recap post afterwards.
- Fun dates with Scott! Now that we are over the hump of planning the greatest party of our life so far, we both want to get back to exploring Philadelphia and going to fun events around the city. I really want to check out this and this out.
- Narrowing down where I want to grow professionally and focus on how I can do that in this new year.
- Grad school, certificate programs, learn InDesign, read more, stimulating my brain.
- Learn how to do easy eye makeup for when I actually do my makeup. I watch way too many beauty YouTubers to not have figured this out by now.
See – plenty of ways to do some soulful searching in 2018. I really want to take this year to refocus on what matters to me, connect with family, friends, fellow creatives and keep building my own personal brand. What are some areas that you want to do some soulful searching in?