Hello. Hi. How are you? It’s meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee. And I know its been absolutely forever since I have written a post. Honestly, I needed the time off. A big ol’ mental health break if you will and I don’t mind admitting that. My friend Emily from Her Philly wrote this blog post last week and it spoke volumes to me. So after our chat, getting through the work week and having a relaxing weekend amongst friends and family – I decided its time to write a blog post. Incase you and I are connected at all on social channels here are some highlights:
- I got a new job (in a completely different industry)
- Scott did the damn thing and said he wanted to hang out forever so we’re engaged
- Planned two kick butt bridal showers and bachelorette parties as a bridesmaid
- I have been to 3 out of five weddings for this year
- Had an engagement party
- Made spaghetti squash
- Went back to the gym for the first time. (Weight rack and power walks, I missed you)
- Ran after a Mr. Softee Ice Cream Truck and cried when he didn’t stop for me. And I am not lying. That did happen. I wanted a chocolate milkshake.
I think you see a theme here….. lots of weddings and new job! I have just been going with the motions of a few big life changes. I wondered how the blog would fit into my new life. I was anxious about fitting in with all of the new bloggers I was meeting. I also had a hard time letting go of some mean comments that were said to me from people I had met in my past. Was I still good enough to keep this little space of the internet that was mine? You know what, I’m going to pull an Adele and say hello. I’ll figure out a new content schedule that fits with my new life, that seems full of adulting. Then I’ll get back to being Jade & The City.