I’m not sure how to put my finger on it, but for some reason I feel like at the beginning of every new season I always get a little worried about how/where my life is currently. I’m sure many of you like me are daydreamers and are constantly shooting through the idea of what your life should be or how it should be going. For me right now, I always wonder if I am not doing enough. Do I not go to enough events after work? Am I not working out enough? Should I have this much money in my savings account? Should I be taking my old clothes to the consignment store or just donate them? Am I blogging enough or proactive enough on social media? Who are my followers!?
Of course after a few solid weeks of letting my imagination run wild. I can usually put some logic to my pondering thoughts.
- Its fine to not go to every single event you are invited too. SEPTA is extremely unforgiving after 6:30pm and no one is ever going to understand why you don’t want to stand waiting for the bus after 8pm at night.
- I constantly go back and forth with working out. My gym partner is Scott and to sum it up we have both had tough starts to 2015. He is half way done his doctorate program (woo!) which is exciting and also means a bigger workload. I was so stressed out with projects going on at work that I was getting sick with stress. This year’s Broad Street isn’t going to be our best, but hey we’re going to do it anyway. Besides I make a mean Greek Orzo Salad for the night before carb load. Once we move in together, I honestly believe its going to be easier for us to maintain a healthier routine.
- Literally, this is the first time in two years I have gotten a tax return. Another long story short, count your blessings if you have a real accounting department at your job because fighting with the IRS about amended tax forms is no fun. After saving for this move, I am sure I will be able to get my savings account exactly where I want it to be. This year, I am also going to take the steps to starting my 401K or an IRA fund.
- Most of my clothes that are not making it due to the purge I am going through will be donated. However, I would love to know of a few good consignment shops that I can give my clothes too.
- Ah, lastly blogging. As I have said before I started this blog because it was a creative outlet outside of my old job. I have gotten to do so many many wonderful projects and collaborations that I don’t have any desire to stop. I think a question that is on my mind lately is who are my readers. I know you are out there (Google Analytics doesn’t lie) but I’d love to chat with you! I know leaving comments on posts might not be for everyone, however I have a pretty solid Twitter account if you want to chat on there ; )
So that pretty much sums up where I am right now. And it felt really good to get it off my chest. As always thanks for reading!